Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Advances in Ophthalmology and Optometry
- Artificial intelligence and the threat to humanity.NewsClick. 2017;
- A brief history of artificial intelligence.Live Science. 2014;
- Bill gates: AI is the holy grail.Mashable Tech. 2016;
- 28 best quotes about artificial intelligence.Forbes. 2017;
- What managers need to know about artificial intelligence.MIT Sloan Management Review. 2017;
- One hundred year study on artificial intelligence (AI100).Stanford News Service. 2016;
- Learning from public sector experimentation with artificial intelligence.Brookings Institute Think Tank. 2017;
- The business of artificial intelligence.Harvard Business Review (Cover story). 2017;
- How artificial intelligence is revolutionizing business In 2017.Forbes Tech Big Data. 2017;
- The great AI awakening.New York Times Magazine. 2016;
Available at: https://www.predictiveanalyticstoday.com/artificial-intelligence-platforms/. Accessed December 1, 2017.
- A survey on deep learning in medical image analysis.Med Image Anal. 2017; 42: 60-88
"Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)". Nvidia. Available at: https://www.geforce.com/hardware. Accessed March 29, 2016.
- A refresher on regression analysis.Harvard Business Review No. 4. 2015;
- Chapter 11 – bridging the logic-based and probability-based approaches to artificial intelligence.Academic Press, Cambridge (MA)2017: 215-225https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-804600-5.00011-8
- Evolution in mind: evolutionary dynamics, cognitive processes, and bayesian inference. ScienceDirect. 21 (7). Elsevier, Cambridge (MA)2017: 522-530
ArseneIoan O, DumitracheIoana M. Expert system for medicine diagnosis using software agents. Science Direct https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2014.10.026.
- Deep learning.Nature. 2015; 521: 436-444
- Semi-supervised learning for natural language.MIT Press, Cambridge (MA)2005: 44-52
- Reinforcement learning an introduction.MIT Press, Cambridge (MA)2012
- Google’s new ai gets smarter thanks to a working memory.Singularity Hub. 2016;
- Subcortical amygdala pathways enable rapid face processing. ScienceDirect. 102 (Part 2). Elsevier, Cambridge (MA)2014: 309-316
- From anxious to reckless: a control systems approach unifies prefrontal-limbic regulation across the spectrum of threat detection.Front Syst NeuroScience. 2017; 11: 18
Ba J, Mnih V, Kavukcuoglu K. Multiple object recognition with visual attention. In Proc. International Conference on Learning Representations. 2014. Available at: http://arxiv.org/abs/1412.7755. Accessed December 24, 2014.
- Human-level control through deep reinforcement learning.Nature. 2015; 518: 529-533
Situmorang BH, Setiawan MP, Tosida ET. Decision support system for determining the contact lens for refractive errors patients with classification ID3. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering Volume 166, Conference 1, held at Bogor, Indonesia, August 27, 2016.
- Assessment of just-noticeable differences for refractive errors and spherical aberration using visual simulation.Optom Vis Sci. 2004; 81: 718-728
- Perception science in the age of deep neural networks.Front Psychol. 2017; 8: 2017
- Clinical applications of wavefront refraction.Optom Vis Sci. 2014; 91: 1278-1286
- Microsoft takes on blindness, eye care with AI, machine learning.Health IT Analytics. 2016;
- Applying AI to help millions of visually impaired across the world.Brien Holden Institute. 2016;
- Democratizing eyecare in india & globally using artificial intelligence to combat blindness.Breathe Publications. 2016;
Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12888056. Accessed August 1, 2003.
- Evaluation of evaporative dry eye disease using thermal images of ocular surface regions with DWT and gabor transform.Appl Infrared Biomed Sci. 2017; (Online): 359-375
- An artificial intelligence platform for the multihospital collaborative management of congenital cataracts.Nat Biomed Eng. 2017; 1: 0024
Available at: http://www.londoneyehospital.com/treatments-services/verion-surgery. Accessed August 9, 2017.
- Development and validation of a Bayesian network for the differential diagnosis of anterior uveitis.Eye (Lond). 2016; 30: 865-872
- Google's research in artificial intelligence helps in preventing blindness caused by diabetes.Forbes Tech. 2017;
- DeepMind’s first medical research gig will use AI to diagnose eye disease.MIT Technology Review. 2016;
- Development and validation of a deep learning algorithm for detection of diabetic retinopathy in retinal fundus photographs.JAMA. 2016; 316: 2402-2410
- Machine learning to analyze the prognostic value of current imaging biomarkers in neovascular age-related macular degeneration.Ophthalmol Retina. 2017; (Online)
- Artificial intelligence will bring ‘reality’ to glaucoma diagnosis.Ophthalmol Times. 2017;
- Artificial intelligence and neurology.J Biomed Syst Emerg Technol. 2016; 4: 112
- Natural and artificial intelligence in neurosurgery: a systematic review.Neurosurgery. 2017; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Big data analytics for genomic medicine. Artificial intelligence in biological data.Int J Mol Sci. 2017; 18: 412
- Artificial intelligence in biological data.J Inform Tech Softw Eng. 2017; 7: 4
Reuters. Gene therapy for blindness appears initially effective, says U.S. FDA. The treatment will be reviewed by an outside panel this week. 2017. Available at: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/gene-therapy-for-blindness-appears-initially-effective-says-u-s-fda/. Accessd May 8, 2018.
- Early clinical experience with the da Vinci Xi surgical system in general surgery.J Robot Surg. 2017; 11: 347-353
- Robot planning in the real world: research challenges and opportunities.AI Mag. 2016; 37: 76-84
Larsson D, Irving D, Effendi S. Ophthalmic robot. 30th Florida Conference on Recent Advances in Robotics. Boca Raton (FL), May 11-12, 2017.
- Prepare yourselves, robots will soon replace doctors in healthcare.Forbes Tech. 2017;
- A cargo-sorting DNA robot.Science. 2017; 357 ([pii:eaan6558])
- Machine learning, artificial intelligence gain healthcare momentum.Health Analytics. 2017;
- Artificial intelligence: the gap between promise and practice.Scientific America. 2017;
- Modern refraction faces a fiddler on the roof.Optometric Management. 2012; 47: 32-36
- The 13 most common questions about HAL, the computer from 2001.Trivia Happy. 2014;
Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/science/17jeopardy-watson.html. Accessed February 17, 2011.
- AI’s language problem.MIT Technology Review. 2016;
- Artificial intelligence and immediacy: designing health communication to personally engage consumers and providers.Patient Education Couns. 2013; 92: 205-210
- The dark secret at the heart of AI.MIT Technology Review. 2017;
- Predicting the future — big data, machine learning, and clinical medicine.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 1216-1219
Disclosure Statement: None.